March 08, 2014

♬ Let me tell you now, you’re the lucky one(s)

Sadly, I failed to buy one of those Taylor Swift RED Tour Philippines tickets. It's such a sad, beautiful, tragic thing for me. On March 7, I should be a girl at home, but  I went to the mall before it even opens at 10AM, I was expecting to be overwhelmed by a lot of peeps, and indeed they came. By the way, I was wearing red. Despite of me being early there, I still didn't make it in front of the line, I desperately look for some peeps I might know, I saw some familiar faces, and I was thinking I'll approach them, I almost do but I'm too shy. I'm a bit discouraged to hear that there are a few tickets left so I'm already setting bad expectation.  There are 20 peeps on the line before me, so after me is the 22nd peep (just to mention 22 haha!).

The guard, once in a while go through the line and inform us of how many tickets are still available, the last time he passed by he said there are only 40 seats available at gen ad I thought it's all too well, part of me is still hoping I'll get to the cashiers and get my slot, but since tickets are being sold all over the country, the next thing they announce is tix are all sold out. :(

The moment I knew, everything has changed, the feeling makes me wanna cry, in spite of I already had that expectation, I just stopped myself, some students in line with me did though. I feel for them. Yep, most of them are students, (I also wondered  what are their source of funds for this, such lucky, rich kids.)

Peeps begun to conclude that some may have bought the tix for some treacherous act of reselling them at a higher price. I really felt sad so I called some of my friends still hoping they can help me find tickets for the show in June, said they'll help me so the search is to begin again.

Requests online for her to have RED Tour Day 2 is so in-demand, I really  hope for this to be possible, the concert didn't happen yet but please come back..be here, or better yet stay, stay, stay! I don't want us to be a we-are-never-ever-getting-back-together-kind-of-thing. :P

Oh Taylor, you're such a starlight, I knew you were trouble. Do I have to kneel on the Holy ground or be in a state of grace just to watch your show? I hope not.

For those who were able to buy tix, this is the song for you, Let me tell you now, you're the lucky one(s).. *sniff*



"The Lucky One"
New to town with a made up name in the angel city,
Chasing fortune and fame.
And the camera flashes, make it look like a dream.
You had it figured out since you were in school.
Everybody loves pretty, everybody loves cool.
So overnight you look like a sixties’ queen.

Another name goes up in lights, like diamonds in the sky.

And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Yeah, they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
But can you tell me now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh...

Now it’s big black cars, and Riviera views,
And your lover in the foyer doesn't even know you
And your secrets end up splashed on the news front page.

And they tell you that you’re lucky.
But you’re so confused,
Cause you don’t feel pretty, you just feel used.
And all the young things line up to take your place.

Another name goes up in lights. You wonder if you’ll make it out alive.

And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Yeah, they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Can you tell me now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.

It was a few years later, I showed up here.
And they still tell the legend of how you disappeared,
How you took the money and your dignity, and got the hell out.
They say you bought a bunch of land somewhere,
Chose the Rose Garden over Madison Square,
And it took some time, but I understand it now.

‘Cause now my name is up in lights, but I think you got it right,

Let me tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Let me tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Let me tell you now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.

Yeah they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Yeah, they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.
Oh, whoa, oh, oh

No comments:

Post a Comment