October 29, 2011

"THE BEST OF ME"

NICHOLAS SPARKS's
"THE BEST OF ME" BOOK TOUR 10.28.2011
 Before the main event we decide to have dinner first @ Kimono Ken.
  
Yum! Done with dinner and next is the main event..
  
Pose with one of  my favorite authors!
the story behind this event, na nakakatuwa talaga..Berto and I came at around 4 pm at the Podium, I am decided to buy the book but i'm not sure if i'll get lucky to have one of those signing passes, Berto said if I don't get a pass, she'll just buy another book and we'll have a chance again, if she'll get a pass, she'll give it to me knowing that i'm a die-hard fan of Nicholas..aaahhhh whatta friend~!

The day before the event, i've been thinking of texting Bret, our "lucky" friend, i won't elaborate on this, let's just say that he really has it when it comes to raffle draws..he's a lucky charm. So i sent this message.. "Bret, wish me luck naman today, please please please.. desperate move ko toh..thank you! "He replied, "haha...kung ano man yan joytoy...i wish u all d luck that d world can offer...ü"


The truth is mejo nalungkot ako, nung tinext ko sya, i made it a point not to use the words "good luck" yun kase yung gusto kong  mareceive from him..ewan ko..pero basta gusto ko goodluck! hehe..hindi ko yun sinabi kay berto..but 6 minutes after Bret's reply is another text message: "gud luck...ü". and there, I went in line to buy the book..Thinking positively, we went in line to try our luck and see if we'll get a signing pass..I gave my book to one of the organizers, they checked the paper attached to the book, and then i was asked to pick one of those rolled little papers in the box, not knowing yet that this will tell me if i'll get a pass or what..then i unfolded it and saw this "YES! you get a free signing pass". 997th pass out of 1000!!! By the way they added 200 more passes because of the overwhelming number of attendees. :)

I still can't believe it. I can't describe the feeling, Berto can only tell how i behaved after i got the sticker...I couldn't ask for more on that day...So thank you so much, Berto, Bretty and Nybabs too..she swapped her sched to me that night to 9:30 PM i was still late for work, if you'll check in the picture I was in front of Nicholas Sparks same time that night, kaya konting late lang naman..hihi (^,^) but still better because I originally have an earlier sched.  Thanks din kay Tita Dang for the camera she gave, twas indeed a lucky charm as well.. :D

ps.  kudos to whoever are concerned of this event
 it's really organized! more to come..ü
≈≈rozhjoy05≈≈

2 comments:

  1. nakakatuwa naman to juyjuy! i'm so proud of you! buti nlng hndi ako sumama, otherwise, baka pang-1,001 ka na. hihihi!☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang swerte mooooooo kei.
    may shift ako neto eh. huhu. tas bawal akong ma-late :(

    i love the guy. supper love his books.

    ReplyDelete