May 26, 2012

I started a joke ♬


I find this so interesting,  when i looked and found out that this song was written and sung by Robin Gibb. For me he's a great guy having written this song. RIP Robin Gibb..
I remember this is one of those songs in my first blogs in Friendster. When my Nanay and Mama bought me my first guitar, my Nanay asked me to sing her this song, and I told her that I will. I wasn't able to sing her that song I don't know what happened maybe I was too young then and I didn't keep my words. That's the story I shared in that blog. One day I can no longer see the blogs/reviews section in Friendster. After that, they announced they're closing the site. I sent them this concern and I got a message from the CEO apologizing that they can no longer retrieve those reviews/blogs. So those blog posts are just gone. Those are the days when I still go to different internet cafes to write them. How sad..
I learned to play that song with my guitar after my Nanay's gone, that is a sad part right there, I even cried writing that blog for one of her birthdays.. and now again. Love you Nanay!

I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
But I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.
I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
Oh, if Id only seen that the joke was on me.
I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
And I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that Id said.
Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
Oh, if Id only seen that the joke was on me.
I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
And I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that Id said.
til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
Oh, if Id only seen that the joke was on me


From Wiki:
The song is mainly written and sung by Robin Gibb. "I Started a Joke" is supposedly about someone who has done or said something horribly wrong, which results in feelings of social alienation. Another interpretation is that the song is sung from the point of view of the devil. Prior to performing the song onstage, Barry Gibb remarks that one interpretation of the song is regarding the devil.
According to Robin Gibb, the melancholic melody of the song was inspired by the sounds on board an aeroplane:
The melody to this one was heard aboard a British Airways Vickers Viscount about a hundred miles from Essen. It was one of those old four engine 'prop' jobs, that seemed to drone the passenger into a sort of hypnotic trance, only with this it was different. The droning, after a while, appeared to take the form of a tune, which mysteriously sounded like a church choir. So it was decided! We accosted the pilot, forced him to land in the nearest village and there; in a small pub, we finished the lyrics. Actually, it wasn't a village, it was the city, and it wasn't a pub, it was a hotel, and we didn't force the pilot to land in a field... but why ruin a perfectly good story?

Thanks for the music Robin Gibb.
Here's the music and lyrics:
 rozhjoy05

No comments:

Post a Comment